Low

The steady tick of an unwelcome downpour has soundtracked my day.
Little baby upside down worlds
inside each window drop.
Ugh.
For goodness sake, it's only rain,
haven't we been lucky enough?
It's a low day. They come and go.
It's not all bad.
I must remember this.
But also this:
remember queuing for chips on a Friday?
remember getting ready to go out and picking music for putting eyeliner on and hauling on tights?
remember leaning your arm against an unfortunately sticky bar while waiting ages to get served and not even knowing what you want and panic ordering cider?
I'm romanticising.
A furlough announcement accompanies a bulk pyjama order arriving, and
the irony is not lost on me.
The soft applause of a collared dove taking off outside the window
snaps me back to life.
The grey wet towel of a day begins to close,
tomorrows can be productive and wise.
Just give in to this one for now.


Comments

Popular Posts